Custom Orthotics in North York
What are orthotics?
- Made to help any misalignment in the foot, improve posture or alleviate pain in the foot or leg.
- They are either inserted into a shoe, or integrated into the shoe’s design so that they become part of the sole of the shoe.
- Custom orthotics differ from the inserts you can buy at any store because they are specially made to conform to the unique shape of your foot, and can be created for almost any type of shoe, whether it is flat or high-heeled.
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Who would benefit from orthotics?While the most common reason people use orthotics is for arch and heel pain, almost anyone can benefit from an orthotic. There are several common symptoms that may indicate that there is a misalignment of the foot. You may be a candidate for orthotics if:
- One side of the sole of your shoe wears out faster than the other
- You frequently sprain your ankle
- You have chronic heel, knee or lower back pain
- Your shins hurt
- Your toes are not straight
- Your feet point inward or excessively outward when you walk
- Your feet hurt in general
What’s the difference between custom vs. over-the-counter orthotics?Over-the-counter orthotics are generally cheaper to purchase than custom orthotics. Custom orthotics are more expensive because you need to see a specialist and they design a pair of orthotics that are specially made for your feet. They are more comfortable to wear than over-the-counter orthotics and provide better support for the feet. Custom orthotics are also made with materials that best suit your feet, while you can’t choose the materials of over-the-counter orthotics.
How are custom orthotics made?Custom orthotics involving taking a casting of your feet. Your physiotherapist will examine your feet to determine measurements and feet shape. You’ll also be asked questions about your lifestyle and daily activities. Your plaster casting will be sent to the manufacturer, which takes several weeks before your custom orthotics are ready.
What shoes can I wear orthotics in?You can mostly wear your normal shoes with orthotics because technology has made orthotics more comfortable to wear. However, you should always look for shoes that fit your feet.
What knee conditions can custom bracing help with?Custom bracing can help with torn ligaments, osteoarthritis, and the postponement of knee replacement surgery. It reduces pain by shifting the weight off of your injury and provide stability while your knee heals. Please note: Most extending healthcare plans cover all of the services listed. For help inquiring about your coverage, please ask one of our knowledgeable staff members. *Custom Made Orthotics: Fee includes biomechanical assessment, 2 week follow up, and 1 modification if required within 2 weeks of dispensing *Custom Knee Bracing: Fee includes includes measurements, fitting, and carrying bag
Our Pricing Plan
- Custom Made Orthotics$525.00
- Custom Made Orthotics with Footwear$625.00
- Custom Knee Bracing$1700.00
- MD Prescribed Braces(Prices for braces may vary depending on brand name selected - Fee includes measurements)