Virtual care is the latest way for patients to connect with their health care providers. You can now get consultations, check-ups, prescriptions, and other healthcare services using phone, email, or video chat. Telehealth has been around for decades, but healthcare providers and digital innovators have been working hard to make getting healthcare easier for everyone.
Qualitative Client Virtual Care at True Life Wellness and Physiotherapy
At True Life Wellness & Physiotherapy, we’re constantly on the lookout for the latest developments in healthcare treatments and delivery of care. We have incorporated virtual care into the services we provide – bringing our clinic right to your living room. Keep reading to find out more.
Virtual Chiropractic Care
With hands-on therapy like chiropractic, you might wonder how it can be done over a video call. Actually, a lot can be accomplished in a virtual appointment with Dr. Virani. The following are some examples:
- New patient intake and screening – Dr. Virani will take your complete history including mechanism of injury, what you are experiencing, past medical history, etc. The next day you will be booked for an in-patient visit with Dr. Virani to complete the physical examination, discuss the report of findings, development of a treatment plan, and provide treatment.
- For our existing patients’ virtual care can help with exercise monitoring to ensure proper form and update/modify exercise programs as necessary. Provide patient advice on ergonomic devices, other non-invasive therapies, and diet and lifestyle choices.
Physiotherapy through virtual care brings valuable rehabilitation services to patients in the comfort of their homes. Here are the services we can provide in a virtual physiotherapy session:
- Patient interview, history, and assessment as described above. The following day you will be booked for an in-person assessment with one of our Physiotherapists to complete the physical examination, discuss the report of findings, development of a treatment plan, and provide treatment.
- For our existing patients’ virtual care can help with exercise monitoring consisting of exercise and stretching recommendations, modifying exercise programs as necessary, and patient education.
Virtual Nutritional Counselling
Nutritional counselling is another of our services made more convenient through virtual care. A virtual appointment with our Registered Dietitian gives you identical service to an in-clinic visit, except from the comfort of your home. Receive guidance on weight management, increasing energy, and getting healthier from the inside out.
Virtual Psychological Treatment
Our psychological treatment and rehabilitation services are also available through virtual care. Having sessions take place in a more relaxed environment of your choosing takes the stress out of coming into the clinic if you so choose. Our trained Mental Health Specialists offers the following services through virtual care:
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Behavior Management
- Stress Management and Coping Techniques
- Loss, Grief, and Bereavement
- Trauma and Post-traumatic Issues
- Motor Vehicle Accident counselling
Benefits of Choosing Virtual Consultation
Virtual Care makes healthcare more accessible to patients who find it difficult to visit our clinic. It also reduces the amount of time spent in the clinic due to the present Covid-19 pandemic. Now patients can get interactive consultations in the comfort of their own homes.
We’ve seen technology change everything from the way we work to the way we interact with each other to the way we shop. Industries like news, banking, and taxi services have changed forever over the last few years. It only makes sense that the old ways of providing healthcare were due for a major shift. That shift has been happening gradually over time but is speeding up rapidly as we speak due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Accessible Hardware and Software
Smartphones and laptops have become more powerful. Software programs and apps are more advanced and secure. Using personal technology in everyday transactions has become standard. As a result, virtual care is recognized, promoted, and covered by most Extended Health Care Benefit administrators.
Book A Virtual Consultation Appointment With Us Today!
Virtual care is well on its way to becoming a part of our everyday lives and True Life Wellness and Physiotherapy is excited to be taking part in this new method of delivering healthcare.
Contact us today to find out how to register for this convenient, in-home virtual care.
Virtual Consultation in North York
Dr. Altaf Virani
#2-2930 Islington Ave,
North York, ON, M9L 2K5
(416) – 744 – 7417