Physiotherapy is a rehabilitative, evidence-based practice that assists patients in reconditioning, preserving, and optimizing their strength, mobility, and well-being following an injury, illness, disability, or aging. Using a patient-centered method, physiotherapists can help individuals get back to living a more empowered lifestyle that is pain-free.
At True Life Wellness and Physiotherapy, our qualified team of experienced physiotherapists are equipped with the knowledge and skills to provide patients with services that reflect their unique needs. With in-person and at-home physiotherapy services available, we’re happy to tailor a treatment plan that accommodates you in any way we can.
At True Life Wellness and Physiotherapy, we put quality of care at the forefront. When trusting our team to oversee your treatment, patients can rest assured knowing their best needs are kept in mind with every decision we make on your behalf.
Call us directly to book an appointment with one of our experienced physiotherapists in North York today.
What Services does a Physiotherapist provide?
Physiotherapy is an evidence-based practice that uses the body’s anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology to assess and treat patients with chronic medical conditions, injuries, pain, and movement impediments, using a combination of hands-on services. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical stimulation/Ultrasound therapy to aid in restoring the function of your muscles by reducing pain and inflammation
- Cold laser therapy to reduce pain and inflammation throughout the body.
- Hydrotherapy to improve mobility and functioning.
- Therapeutic k-tape to prevent future injuries and enhance athletic performance.
- Personal training to improve strength and mobility.
- Manual therapy to reduce inflammation and pain, and improve mobility.
- Sports injury rehabilitation to help athletes recover from sprain and strains ligament tears, etc.
- Post-surgical rehabilitation to assist recovery from surgery/fracture repair.
- True Life Wellness and Physiotherapy also provides services to aid those who are:
- In their later stage of life, by improving their mobility, preventing injury, and managing chronic pain
- Have suffered traumatic or non-traumatic injuries in a workplace setting or as a result of a motor vehicle accident
- Diagnosed with medical conditions that cause chronic pain and mobility problems
- Expecting or are in their postpartum recovery
Physiotherapy can take on many forms depending on the cause of the injury, location of pain, and severity of mobility issues. With the help of a licensed and experienced physiotherapist, patients can get back to living a healthier and happier lifestyle with the physical and emotional support offered with a holistic approach to healing.
What types of injuries can a physiotherapist help with?
Physiotherapy plays an integral component in helping patients with numerous injuries and medical conditions, including but not limited to:
- Neck pain
- Upper and lower back pain
- Migraines and headaches
- Sports injuries/Sprain and strain injuries
- Post surgical recovery
- Motor vehicle or workplace accident injuries
- Chronic pain syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis/Heel spur
- Golfer’s elbow/Tennis elbow
- Frozen shoulder
- Repetitive strain and sprain injuries
- Running-related injuries
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Neurological impediments
- Spinal cord injuries
- Pelvic floor de-conditioning
If you are experiencing pain or difficulties with your mobility, a physiotherapist from True Life Wellness and Physiotherapy can help you get back to living a healthier, more fulfilled lifestyle by helping you improve from the inside out.
What Are the Benefits of Physiotherapy?
There are many benefits to engaging in physiotherapy. These advantages include:
- Avoiding future injuries
- Reducing or eliminating pain throughout the body
- Improvements in your overall coordination, mobility, and strength
- Management of injuries caused by sports
- Improvement in your overall mental health and well-being
- Management of current health conditions such as neck and back pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis, and other medical problems associated with growing older
- Remaining in good health, regardless of age
- A reduction in medication dependency
Regardless of whether you require treatment for a sports injury, motor vehicle accident, or pain management due to a disability or medical condition, the team at True Life Wellness and Physiotherapy is here to help you.
Is it too late to start physiotherapy?
It is never too late to start physiotherapy. At True Life Wellness and Physiotherapy, we work with patients of all ages, walks of life, and in all stages of recovery to help them improve their health and well-being through movements, manual therapies, and patient education. Our team of registered physiotherapists has years of experience and knowledge, making them capable of customizing a treatment plan that works with your current condition to help you manage your pain.
True Life Wellness and Physiotherapy encourages those considering physiotherapy to make an appointment with us so we can examine and tailor a specific treatment plan.
Give us a call and speak to one of our front staff to schedule an initial assessment appointment.